TUBBATAHA - 2023 - 2024
M/Y DISCOVERY PALAWAN
|#||Trip Schedule||Duration||Available Space||Lower Deck||Upper Deck|
|1||16 – 22 MAR 2023||7D6N||3||2||1|
|2||23 – 29 MAR 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|3||30 MAR – 05 APR 2023||7D6N||21||21||0|
|4||06 – 12 APR 2023*||7D6N||7||5||2|
|5||13 – 19 APR 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|6||20 – 26 APR 2023||7D6N||1||0||1|
|7||27 APR – 03 MAY 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|8||04 – 10 MAY 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|9||11 – 17 MAY 2023||7D6N||1||0||1|
|10||18 – 24 MAY 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|11||25 – 31 MAY 2023||7D6N||1||1||0|
|12||01 – 07 JUN 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|13||08 – 14 JUN 2023||7D6N||1||1||0|
|14||15 – 21 JUN 2023||7D6N||0||0||0|
|#||Trip Schedule||Duration||Available Space||Lower Deck||Upper Deck|
|1||14 – 20 MAR 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
|2||21 – 27 MAR 2024||7D6N||30||22||8|
|3||28 MAR – 03 APR 2024*||7D6N||21||19||2|
|4||04 – 10 APR 2024||7D6N||13||7||6|
|5||11 – 17 APR 2024||7D6N||29||22||7|
|6||18 – 24 APR 2024||7D6N||30||22||8|
|7||25 APR – 01 MAY 2024||7D6N||0||0||0|
|8||02 – 08 MAY 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
|9||09 – 15 MAY 2024||7D6N||0||0||0|
|10||16 – 22 MAY 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
|11||23 – 29 MAY 2024||7D6N||31||23||8|
|12||30 MAY – 05 JUN 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
|13||06 – 12 JUN 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
|14||13 – 19 JUN 2024||7D6N||32||24||8|
Minimum of 16 guests | Maximum 32 divers. With super peak date surcharge of USD100 *
Tubbataha Regular 7Days/6Nights
Vessel: M/Y Discovery Palawan
Minimum 16 – Maximum 32 Divers
Standard Cabin (13) – 11 Twin, 2 Queen
Upper Deck Cabin (4) = 2 Twin, 2 Double
|Cabin||Occupancy||Travel Period: March – June 2023 & March – June 2024|
|Lower Deck Cabin||Double Occupancy||$ 2,578.00||View Cabin Details|
|Lower Deck Cabin||Single Occupancy||$ 3,858.00||View Cabin Details|
|Upper Deck Cabin||Double Occupancy||$ 3,058.00||View Cabin Details|
|Upper Deck Cabin||Single Occupancy||$ 4,578.00||View Cabin Details|
Plus Park Fee of USD 105.00 per person
Plus Fuel Surcharge of USD 100.00 per person
- Welcome drink, tea, coffee, purified drinking water and juice
- 6 nights air-conditioned accommodation with private toilet and shower
- Full-board meals (buffet) for the whole cruise. (Meal service starts with Dinner on the first day; Ends with Breakfast on the last day)
- 4 dives per day (except on the last day in Tubbataha) with tanks, weights, boat and services of a dive professional
- Roundtrip transfers from Puerto Princesa Airport (PPS) to the ship or from hotel in Puerto Princesa to the ship (hotel must be within 10km from port within PPS City)
- Rental of snorkel and dive gear
- Soda and alcoholic / bar beverages
- Dive accident insurance (mandatory)
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Flight Ticket, Hotel
- Park Fee and Fuel Surcharge (must be prepaid)
Day 01 – Embarkation in Puerto Princesa Port, between 2 – 4pm
Day 02 – 4 dives in TRNP (Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park) (no night dive)
Day 03 – 4 dives in TRNP (no night dive)
Day 04 – 4 dives in TRNP (no night dive)
Day 05 – 4 dives in TRNP (no night dive)
Day 06 – 3 dives in TRNP and Jessie Beazley (no night dive)
Day 07 – Disembarkation in Puerto Princesa Port after breakfast, 8am onwards
06:00 am – Wake Up Call/ Light Breakfast
07:00 am – 1st Dive
08:00 am – Heavy Breakfast with Omelette Bar
10:30 am – 2nd Dive
12:00 nn – Lunch
01:30 pm – 3rd Dive
02:30 pm – Tea
04:00 pm – 4th Dive (except on the last day)
07:00 pm – Dinner
- Book a flight to Puerto Princesa International Airport (PPS) on your account. If arriving on the day of departure, please book a flight that arrives before 4pm. We will not entertain guests arriving 4pm onwards. Embarkation time at port is between 2 – 4pm only.
- Upon arrival at the airport, kindly proceed to the arrival exit and look for our staff holding a Discovery Fleet banner.
- If you are staying in a hotel in Puerto Princesa City prior trip departure, we provide free transfer to the boat as long as your hotel is located within 10km from Puerto Princesa Port. Please inform us in advance so we can arrange this for you. The boat manager will contact your hotel when the transfer is on its way to pick up the guests (no exact time will be provided).
- Disembarkation time is after breakfast, 8am onwards.
- Please provide us with your return flight in advance so we can arrange your free transfer to airport or hotel as long as located within 10km from port.
- Divers must have at least 50 logged dives due to safety reasons. No refund will be given and will be banned from diving if DFC finds out that the guest has less than the required logged dives.
- Dive accident insurance details are required and must be submitted prior departure, otherwise the guest will be denied for boarding.
- Divers must present their Certification Card and Log Book for our Dive Professionals to verify.
- Each guest must fill out an entry permit application form and waiver provided by DFC.
- We recommend to follow DAN and PADI guidelines for flying after diving. A minimum 18 hrs for multiple dive over multiple days but longer is always better and safer for you. If any dive you went deco we recommend a full 24 hrs or longer for your safety.
- Corkage Fee is USD20 per bottle and a dollar per can of beer.
- Satellite Phone Charges: Phone call is USD10.00 for the first 2mins. & USD5.00 for every minutes after. USD3.00 per txt message (of 180 characters)
- In our efforts to help the environment, we do not sell/provide plastic water bottles onboard our ships. We encourage you to pack a reusable water bottle to use on your voyage. We do have available water bottles for purchase.
- Please bring your reef – friendly sunscreens to keep the reef safe while protecting you from the sun.
- Rate are subjected to change without prior notice.
Tubbataha Reefs is located in the center of the Sulu Sea between the Island of Palawan and the Visayan islands. The jump off point is the city of Puerto Princesa, Palawan. This city is accessible by daily flights from Manila and flights from Cebu City every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
The best time to go to Tubbataha Reefs is during the Philippine Summer season from mid-March to mid June.
Days are hot and dry and sea conditions are at their calmest and clearest.
Tubbataha Regular Trip starts and ends at Puerto Princesa. All diving is done in the Tubbataha Reefs National Park.
Yes we can. However you may get better prices by booking/buying directly through the internet :
Look for Manila or Cebu (if you are coming in via Cebu) RT to Puerto Princesa. DO NOT forget to purchase extra baggage allowance if you are bringing your own gear. Cebu pacific allows only 1 15kg checked in baggage while PAL allows 1 20kg checked in bag.
Embarkation is between 2 – 4pm in Puerto Princesa Port. Arriving guests are picked up at the Airport and transferred to the ship, assigned a dive crate and checked into their rooms.
Guests may go for last minute shopping for toiletries/snacks.
A pre- departure briefing will be done late afternoon and guests will be asked to fill out forms and sign waivers.
On the day of arrival, guests are disembarked after breakfast 8am – 12nn.
Puerto Princesa Airport/ship transfers are included in your package.
Yes, Discovery Fleet will be glad to assist you in your travel plans.
Accommodations on board, 4 dives per day (except on the last day in Tubbataha), tanks, weights, weight belt, boat, services of a dive professional, roundtrip transfers from Puerto Princesa airport to boat, all meals, and complimentary tea, coffee, juice.
Guests can arrive anytime before 4 pm.
The taxes / fees that are not included in the package is the Tubbataha Reefs Conservation Fees which is USD105/person, airport terminal fees in manila and Puerto Princesa, gear rentals, courses, soda/alcoholic drinks and souvenir items on board.
For those on the transition trip, park fee is at USD175/person.
A valid passport is required. Visas are not required for tourists who will stay no longer than 30 days provided that they have an onward or return journey tickets and do not belong to restricted nationality. For long staying guests visas are required, you can apply at the nearest Philippine consulate in your country of origin.
Upon arrival in the Puerto Princesa Airport please look for members of our Staff holding a Discovery Fleet banner.
The Philippines is a tropical country with an average temperature of 32°C (80°F). March to June is hot and dry (36°C); rains and typhoons abound from July to October; November to February is pleasantly cool ( around 23°C) and dry. In mountainous regions, temperatures dip to about 15°C.
Yes, all of our dives are conducted in small groups from tender boats ensuring quick entry and exit from the water.
No night dive.
Not necessarily. All dives begin with a back-roll onto the reef top which is usually around 15 meters. After everyone has trimmed their buoyancy and are comfortable, the dive leader will then bring the group to the drop off and down the wall. Current is usually present in Tubbataha and thus drift diving is the norm. Divers go with the flow of the current and a chaseboat will be ready to pick them up when they surface.
The check-out time in the vessel is 8:00 am – 12:00 noon on the last day.
The weather is quite warm during the trip because it is the summer season. A rash guard or 3mm suit is more than adequate.
Yes we have gear for rent. You may refer to this link for the prices https://discoveryfleet.com/coursesequipment-rentals.
We usually encourage our guests to avail of the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River Tour on the day of arrival FROM Tubbataha and spend an additional night in Puerto Princesa. This is to allow divers to maximize the last day’s dives without violating the NO FLY Period.
The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River Tour is also a UNESCO World heritage Site just like Tubbataha.
Yes. $10 for the first two minutes. $5 for every succeeding min or a fraction thereof.